Sunday, February 2, 2020

The Current Works in Progress....

It's been awhile since I shared anything here on this blog. I've been really busy with my online businesses but I've still been posting pictures and partaking in games when I can. I don't have a great online presence My Youtube channel is rather quiet these days as life is busy and filming and editing videos takes a ton of time, but it is still my intention to one day get back into filming games.

Currently I've got the WW2 bug and have been doing WW2 North African Italians. Particularly I've been working on Bersaglieri and veteran units for my army.  Here's the work I've done thus far. It's all still WIP.



The Bersaglieri from Warlord Games are a little older casts I think, as there is tons of residue and even a strange grainy surface to their metals, so a lot of work has to be put into them to tidy them up before priming. I know I didn't do enough so some of the lads here came out with a grainy surface. Still looking good though I think. 



Resin L6/40 and resin semovente da 75/18 by Warlord. Much better condition / casts than the infantry!   I think for 1/56 scale though that their tanks are slightly undersized compared to their infantrymen. But just a bit. 

My other pieces are all Warlord artillery, anti tank guns, mortars, etc, but I do have a Perry CV35 I plan to do up. 

I really like this little tankette, despite it being out of date and completely obsolete for WW2.


I am still working on the punic wars project as well, though I've taken a break for Bolt Action stuff. The last bit of stuff I've been working on has been Samnite / Italian allied units. The original plan was to build 4 of these units and some skirmishers to make a full division, but the amount of time to paint these guys with all their colours is time consuming, so I figured to keep sanity levels balanced I'd work on ww2 a bit, before going back to them.




I will go back to work on more of these Italians. They're fun units to do and I have lots of LBMS decals for them to be done.  My plan is to also work on the 30 years war. I painted up one lone plastic lad for that, but will be doing much more work on it and the punic wars after my ww2 Italians are done.



There is always lots to do these days, and life is never boring. But sometimes work gets far too much in the way of posting blogs and working on miniatures, haha! 

Finally I'd like to show you a shot of bazookajoe's epic battle line of Carthaginians. We had a great game of Hail Caesar! at the end of January. 


The Carthaginian line was mighty looking 


I really need to get some more units on the Roman's side! 





The Sacred Idol Moses banished from Israel roams ancient Tunisia in exile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment