Hello!
So I finished the first Squad of Bersaglieri , the l6/40 and the Semovente complete. Here they are!
You can see on the fellow on the far right that the arid terrain beneath him appears a bit darker. I originally used Citadel colors and texture paints: Armageddon Dunes followed by a wash of Agrax Earthshade, then a dry brush of Tallarn Sand followed by a dry brush of Ushabti, which turned out looking alright - but it was too dark looking for me. So instead, I figured why even bother with the wash? In the end I just did Armageddon Dunes and then a straight up dry brush of Ushabti Bones, and it turned out looking much better.
The grass tufts I wanted to use from warlord were way too big for infantry but I had some smaller ones from other companies so I used those instead. The larger rocks are just pebbles that get stuck in my shoes or dragged into the house and are left on my doormat. I just wash them and use them on all my minis. They're painted Karak Stone then dry brushed over with Ushabti as well.
These Italian metals from Warlord are rough models for cleaning and prep and I didn't do a great job initially, but I think they turned out great in the end! I am happy with them and looking forward to doing my next three squads and other troop types - but first I need to wait for better conditions for spray priming so I have started work on more Republican Romans and their Italian allies.


No comments:
Post a Comment