Today's posts is about repairs!
So I had a bit of another miniature incident where a broom handle smacked into a number of my newly painted Italians. Two pieces of the unit broke and I was sad about it - but since I poured hours into them I decided to set out on fixing them right away.
For those of you who know me in the real world and on Facebook you will know that I have had some really bad luck with miniatures falling, breaking, and have often had many delays to projects or upright just quit them because I was upset over the damaged items. Well this time I thought I'd take the time to sit down and fix every single thing that could be saved. When you spend a lot of time and money on your hobby it feels such a waste to just dump stuff because some toys break. So here is today's posts.. repairs and results.
An old brush and a bunch of broken minis...
I started with farm animals. They were quite easy and now only require a few touch ups. Some ears are lost, but that's not so bad. The warlord animal legs are really flimsy so that was the main concern there.
I did some work on some Perry Minis I really liked, but a fall to the floor off their movement tray sent a few out of commission. I've replaced totally damaged limbs and weapons with replacements that I've just Frankenstein glued as carefully as possible back together. One lad had such extensive damage on his back's paint job so I super glued an old Bretonnian shield on his back.
I've begun restoring and rebasing some of the first Fantasy minis I ever painted. Will be glad to use George the Northern Spearman and his companions again.
For the ancients I found a lone fully touched up Roman in the damage box. He's getting a new arm and a few patches and he'll be good to wash and layer up.
Here's the recent unit bit that broke that convinced me to fix everything.
Here's my only surviving Goblin. Spear's lost completely, so I combined him with a pirate's head, since I have no way to save the pirates head. Lets call him a Night Goblin Shaman.
Some hand priming on the newly added pieces . . .

So everything was broke to looking decent again. I was able to finish the Italian allies and returned them to a good looking order tonight. They've lost a few plumes on their helmets but I still think they blend in splendidly.
Here they are! I think they're still worthy of gameplay and I quite enjoy them.
Finally, my desert mat from Cigar Box Battle Mats came in. Took a few photos of the Italians set up with their terrain on the mat.
Cheers!


















No comments:
Post a Comment