As this blog posts suggests, I am on to the next lot of em! Here's the start. I've mentioned some plans on these lads before, but changed them slightly.
On the left, I will have a banner bearer in a generically red with white cross overcoat. He'll be carrying Louis Comte de Vendome's banner.
Then on the right, I have a member of the La Fayette Family. He'll be in plate mail but his coat of a rms will be on a shield. I tried the design on his horse's bridle cloth but I am not sure on it yet.
In the middle, a generic knight quartered in Yellow and blue.
In the back middle, I'm going to do Viscount William II of Narbonne. He has a half shirt so I won't put heraldry on his tunic or body (apparently they were often just coloured plain or had some orange design, but oft didn't have heraldry) , but his shield will be the red and white quarters with trees. This guy is involved with some Aragonese / Sicilian issues in the southern part of France and that area I believe, but ends up dying in 1424 fighting the English.
On the right there in the back, Louis Comte de Vendome... his heraldry is going to be challenging to do at that scale, but I am going to attempt it.
And finally, I front on the right I am going for a generic French Bannerman.. he will be carrying a Fleurs-de-lys banner, which is just the generic 3 images. He's going to be decked out in mostly Blues to show how noble he is. I may include 3 a series of Fleurs-de-lys on his clothing.
After these are done then my Heavy Knightly Cavalry will be complete. I will still have 6 final horsemen to do, but they'll be generic sergeants and won't have such fancy looking heraldry.
For anyone interested in seeing more on this, I started doing VLOGS on my YouTube Channel as well - but since I like sharing here on the Lead Adventure Forum, I thought I'd do a write up on it as well.
https://youtu.be/Xa1pd5ldFxw
Today I also purchased some new toys... This shot is from North Star Military Figure's Facebook page and contains War-games Illustrated Giant's in Miniatures newest model: Harry Hotspur.
I think his get up fits in perfectly for the 1390s - 1420s, which is what I'm essentially going for.
Now, if you look up these two individual's histories and art / statues of them, you'll easily find where the minis are modelled after. Hotspur dies in something like 1403, so his get up is fitting. But I noticed that John Hawkwood's career is going down earlier than the 1390s... yet, the sculptor of this figure designed him with quite heavy plate. From my understanding the agincourt level plate mail started coming out in the later part of the 14th century and eventually evolves into even better parts as the 15th century roles along, but I noticed something:












No comments:
Post a Comment