Lately I've slowly continued painting on my Republican Romans Hastati including some Celtic Mercenary Cavalry that are going to be the light cavalry in the army (native Romans are not known for their equestrian prowess). I will be finished those soon I hope!
Tim came back from overseas and we went back to play Frostgrave after our more than a month hiatus. It was easy to get right back into and neither of us had any issues remembering the rules.
Here's the shots from our game.
I gifted Tim one of my company's Desert Empire Guard Tower! Seems very out of place for this very green mat, but then again so does a lot of the terrain we use in Frostgrave! We need snow to be accurate, and we do not have any, haha.
Yes, gather around the wizard ye brave knights.
Let the apprentice take the peons.
Tim's Wizard advances with thieves, zombies, and knights guarding her. I love how he's painted the Wych Elf and used her as a Necromancer.
We ran into the ruined village, central on the map.. but bone darts and bolts still flew at us
Our forces were pretty spread out on this one, and there was not a lot of cover from firing.
In the end I only made off with one treasure and a number of my soldiers were defeated. I only lost one man-at-arms, and an archer was wounded, but I simply fired the weak guy, and bought two new ones. I had a lot of gold untapped from last game.
I just love this Dark Templar's cape. If I had a sportscar it would have the same designs.
Next... welcome to little Tokyo, on the east side of the ruined city we game in. A very .. interesting set up. But I liked the houses and how the roof on three of the buildings could come off. We naturally threw our treasure pieces inside them.
I think this stuff is all for Warlord's Test of Honour Terrain. Samurai Skirmish battles.
The torii here reads 武士道 wu shi dao in chinese... I do believe it is read "Bushido" in Japanese - I am pretty sure everyone knows what Bushido means - it means Way of the Warrior.
a mill with no water!
You will notice that not a single Japanese individual was present. Meaning there was no way my wizard was able to find an authentic Japanese owned Ramen shop in little Tokyo. Only Europeans and Fantasy creatures took to the field. Do they seem out of place? Probably. But it did not stop us.
The doors on one of the houses slid open too, pretty cool.
Tim's forces were relatively spread across the central to left side of his field whilst I stuck to the middle lane.
And although I do not have photos of it, at one point Tim almost had my apprentice.. I ended up sending everything possible on the Knight (I think it was) and defeating it just before my apprentice was taken out.
In the end it was another bloody battle, and Tim lost a lot of guys this game and made of with few treasures. Here my Templar , with his enhanced movement via spells, is chasing off Tim's Apprentice. Fortunately she escapes.
As our games progress I notice our battles get very bloody, and both sides tend to lose a fair amount of soldiers. Wizards and apprentices are always at risk and there is a good chance even the lowliest of pawns take out your magic user or heavily armoured soldier with one lucky roll! We also remembered that daggers lower attack damage for half the attacks this game.. and we'll try to remember staffs too when we get to them!
Bone dart and Mind Control seem to be our main , easy to cast spells, but I did manage to learn Telekinesis from these games.
Anyways, that's our latest shots from Frostgrave. Tim's catching up in levels again since his first Wizard died.. he spams bonedart a lot each game and that really racks up experience. I try to buff and enhance all my fellows but I still need to level up those spells to make them easier to cast. I may just do that for our next batch of experience earned.
Anyways, Thanks for reading! My next game with Tim will involve Hail Caesar!, though I know Frostgrave is far from over!
Regards
No comments:
Post a Comment