So I met up with a fellow named Rick after work last night and he walked me through what the game Saga is all about. It is definitely nice to find a historical skirmish game that has some interesting mechanics and can be played fairly quickly... I was introduced to the battle boards, various factions, and rules and I think I am going to play with the Anglo-Danes and use them as much as possible.
That being said, I am going to work on a 4 point warband in the beginning. My friend Bob in Quebec has a bunch of viking and saxon miniatures that he doesn't plan to use so he's shipping them to me on Monday or Tuesday next week. I am very excited. He even mentioned there are some dane long axes in there and I'll defiantly need a few to outfit my warlord and his hearthguard.
I want to get my own copy of the rule book at some point, but I think I'll stay with the models I have for now. When I assemble what I'll need hopefully I get a few games in. I'd like to play as soon as possible even if my minis are not fully painted.
No comments:
Post a Comment