So this blog has essentially been the source for me to share picture links or ideas - and here's another one.
I am going to be working on some new projects and to tie in personal interest with business, I figure I might as well plan out my forces to paint for the future.
I've always been interested in the Punic Wars - not just Rome VS Carthage, but also, Greece vs Carthage. I am wanting to do some Hoplites and Italians to fight for Syracuse against the Carthaginians in Sicily. I figure this would be a great way to start planning. I recently bought the Theban box set of victrix hoplites, with lets me have x16 men per unit (total 3 units) - so I can already make a nice force for Hail Caesar.
Anyways here is the plan
Mercenary Hoplite Forces:
x3 units of Heavy Hoplite Mercenaries (Theban and mix) - 16 men a unit
x1 unit of Gaestraphates (belly bow)
x1 unit of medium ballista (artillery)
x1 unit of Light Infantry Archers
x1 unit of skirmishing archers?
The Italian Allies:
x4 units of medium infantry - 16 men a unit
x1- 2 light infantryunits
x1 light cavalry skirmishers
x2 medium cav
I'm basically using the Samnites type forces I have to align with the greeks. to fight carthage.
No comments:
Post a Comment