Hello everyone.
I've been busy these last few days and haven't been gaming due to illness and Tim not having time to come out on Thursdays, so I've basically been painting and monitoring our Kickstarter progress.
The Kickstarter campaign is running swimmingly thus far - we've reached the half way time point (I chose 30 days) and have reached 51% , so I have to keep promoting this project as much as possible to get past that 100% mark!
Speaking of Kickstarter, something I pledged on sometime ago finally arrived. Hammerlot Games had a Kickstarter project that was gathering funds for a bunch of resin grave pieces to build up a graveyard. I like many placed a pledge in and the campaign was well funded - except that they up and disappeared for awhile. Apparently they were moving locations but didn't mention what they were doing! So their progress on this Kickstarter was quite delayed.
Finally they updated us (and I think the majority of us were happy with the update) and they started shipping out. Here's all the stuff I got from my pledge of 28 Euros. They came in today.
I've been busy these last few days and haven't been gaming due to illness and Tim not having time to come out on Thursdays, so I've basically been painting and monitoring our Kickstarter progress.
The Kickstarter campaign is running swimmingly thus far - we've reached the half way time point (I chose 30 days) and have reached 51% , so I have to keep promoting this project as much as possible to get past that 100% mark!
Speaking of Kickstarter, something I pledged on sometime ago finally arrived. Hammerlot Games had a Kickstarter project that was gathering funds for a bunch of resin grave pieces to build up a graveyard. I like many placed a pledge in and the campaign was well funded - except that they up and disappeared for awhile. Apparently they were moving locations but didn't mention what they were doing! So their progress on this Kickstarter was quite delayed.
Finally they updated us (and I think the majority of us were happy with the update) and they started shipping out. Here's all the stuff I got from my pledge of 28 Euros. They came in today.
The Package
Oh my.
Well... I don't think the postal people can read. But it was probably Canada Post that handled this so poorly. They strike, everything is late, and the customer service rep isn't always up to snuff. . . Well, they're not the greatest postal service I have dealt with out there!
The Stuff!
As you can see I got a whole mess of stuff to build up a Graveyard scene or diorama. I'll be using all of this for some terrain pieces I build to put into a Frostgrave setting! I might even add in the snow!
The Tombstones
I love these graves. Each grave is unique in look and varies in height and style. Some have sunk into the earth, some are cracked. Some look newer than others.. the writing on them isn't perfect, but that is what I expect from old decaying stone works... They are quite nice! Take a look at them all!
I like how that one has fallen forward and crumbled down on to the earth.
And they'll match up the 28mm heroic figures that I tend to use in Frostgrave nicely. I think they advertised them for 28-32 mm.. and it seems to fit that sizing quite nicely.
Other Stuff
As you saw in the first picture full of resin minis, there wasn't just tombstones in the pledge reward I received.
We were able to pick two packs of dead grass, supplied to this project by Pablo El Marques who collaborated with Hammerlot games. I think I chose the darkest of the packs. Since I think my Frostgrave scenery will have snow covering these tombstones and extras, I think I'll use this grass for different projects.
Some creepy looking stone obelisk type pillars, marking out where the dead are at.
Some bone handled tools. Should I give them to some soldiers or put them into the terrain pieces?
The Grim Reaper's statue, another tall pillar, and a Gargoyle.
Some bigger tomb markers - it is good to have all sorts in your graveyard.
Look at all those skulls! Khorne be praised.
Finally, we have some diorama types of bases and some urns!
Overall, AWESOME set. They're really nicely done, and I like the home crafted look and feel of them all. There was quite a bit of resin flash on a few pieces but that is not bad at all - and they have a lot of good detail popping out all over them. The carvings and designs on each tomb stone are not straight and perfect, which is what I would expect from a graveyard that's seen its days.
Hopefully these go on sale on a web store so more people can get them, as they are amazing. :)
Overall, AWESOME set. They're really nicely done, and I like the home crafted look and feel of them all. There was quite a bit of resin flash on a few pieces but that is not bad at all - and they have a lot of good detail popping out all over them. The carvings and designs on each tomb stone are not straight and perfect, which is what I would expect from a graveyard that's seen its days.
Hopefully these go on sale on a web store so more people can get them, as they are amazing. :)





















No comments:
Post a Comment